AT SCHOOLS THAT ADOPT UNIFORMS,
IT ISN’T JUST THE CLOTHES THAT CHANGE.
When students wear uniforms, it changes more than their look - it changes their outlook
Uniforms instill pride. They help students feel like they're part of something important, and worthwhile. They foster school spirit, and they build unity. Rather than sorting themselves into cliques and groups through "fashion statements," students who wear uniforms can better see and appreciate one another as equals, and come together more readily as a cohesive community.
Those are powerful things. So perhaps it's no wonder that studies show uniform programs can have a profound effect on student behavior:
Schools that make the switch to uniforms report a substantial decline in absenteeism. They report equally impressive decreases in the number of discipline problems.
In one noted study in Long Beach, schools that adopted uniforms reported an astonishing 71% decrease in violent crime... even so non-uniform schools saw their rate rise by 28%.
There is even evidence that grade-point averages improve when uniforms are adopted.
BEING A PARENT HAS ITS BENEFITS:
QUALITY, SERVICE AND VALUE.
At Parker, we make it our goal to provide our families with the best products and service in the industry. Perhaps it is because of this focus that we can boast of a 98% customer retention rate.
At Parker, our uniforms are virtually indestructible and we are willing to back it up. We are one of the few manufacturers who guarantee our skirts and jumpers for two full years and our other garments for one year against manufacturing defects. Good luck finding the difference between a new Parker product and one that's become a hand-me-down.
After decades in the business, we have also learned a thing or two about how to keep customers happy while they are in any of our 40+ stores. Personal attention, knowledgeable sales staff and clean, well-organized stores all contribute to a satisfying shopping experience.
Great quality, great service - now that's a valuable proposition for all our families. Happy shopping!
WHEN OTHER UNIFORMS ARE GIVING OUT,
OURS ARE JUST BREAKING IN.
You can tell a uniform that's not built to Parker standards... a frayed hem here, a worn knee there, a glimpse of wrist or ankle that tells you the clothes can't keep pace with a growing child.
On the other hand, you can always spot a Parker. Parker uniforms look like they just came off the rack... crisp, sturdy and well-fitted.
That's no accident. We devote much time and energy to making our uniforms the best in the industry. The fact is, we're a bit fanatical about quality:
- ♦ We control the entire manufacturing process, from our proprietary fabrics to the details of construction.
- ♦ We strengthen garments wherever they're put to the test - for example, we reinforce the knees on boys'pants.
- ♦ We use a wrinkle-resistant finish, and treat our fabrics to repel stains.
- ♦ We build in generous hems, seams and other adjustable features to help our uniforms keep up with your kids.
- ♦ We constantly assess and improve our materials and construction methods.
- ♦ We put our clothes through the wringer - literally - with wash-testing on every model.
The end result: Parker uniforms last - long enough that it's common for them to be hand-me-downs. In fact, we even encourage our school partners to set up uniform resale stores!
You can put kids in uniform, but when it comes right down to it, they're still kids. They're active, they horse around, they grow like weeds. They need a uniform that can keep up... a Parker uniform.
PARKER’S DISTINCTIVE SHOPPING PROCESS
Upon first entering a Parker store you will notice that we are not like most retailers. That's because when it comes to servicing schools and their families, Parker has broken the mold. Most parents don't realize that a Parker store contains more apparel items, in unique sizes, colors, logos and styles, than some large-scale department stores. For that reason, we have pioneered a full-service shopping process to serve each customer consistently and efficiently-and to ensure that your child has the right uniform for the first day of school.
The Parker Store Shopping Process:
- No matter which Parker store you choose, you will always be greeted with a smile and a well-trained salesperson who can guide you through your shopping experience.
- After we determine your child's school and grade, your Parker salesperson will explain your school's uniform program to you. In addition to outlining which clothing items are required or optional at your school, your salesperson will answer any questions you may have about uniform features, sizing, fit etc.
- Your Parker salesperson will next work with you to determine just the right size and fit for your child. We don't stop there. Your salesperson will pull the items for you so you don't have to spend precious time trying to locate the items yourself.
- In most of our stores you couldn't find the merchandise if you tried-since it is not on our selling floor. Have you ever wondered why we keep most items in the back? Because every school is different, so is the merchandise. Just think about all those different plaids, not to mention the embroidery and silk-screening on many of our items. Our back room is a feat of organization with merchandise arranged by school, style, size and color. We know where to find it all so you don't have to.
- One thing we always keep out front though is our selection of accessories. While your child is trying on his or her uniform, you can shop from our extensive inventory of backpacks, bows, belts, shoes and socks.
- At checkout, you will hear more about our Guarantee and return policy, and be offered the opportunity to complete our customer feedback survey.
As sizing varies by style, we encourage you to check the size chart for each item you order.
Careful measuring is essential. Take one measurement at a time and record it before taking the next.
- Bust - Measure across widest part of back, under arms, across full bust line.
- Waist/span> - Measure at natural waistline.
- High Hips - Keeping tape measure parallel to the floor, measure approximately 2" to 3" below waist.
- Hips - Keeping tape measure parallel to the floor, measure around fullest part of hips approximately 7" to 9" below waist.
- Upper Arm - Measure horizontally when arm is relaxed, midway between shoulder and elbow.
- Back Waist Length - Measure from prominent bone at base of neck, center back, to the natural waistline.
- Finished Length - Drop waist jumpers -- Measure from prominent bone at base of neck, center back, to the finished length. Jumpers with bibs, skirts and culottes -- Measure from the waist at center back to the finished length.
- Crotch Depth - Sit on a flat surface, feet flat on the floor with back straight and tall. Measure from natural waist to flat surface at the side.
- Stride - From the waist in front, through the legs, to waist in back.
- Outseam Length - Measure from waist to finished length at the side of the leg.
- Inseam Length - Measure from the crotch inside leg to finished length.
- Chest - Measure around the fullest part.
- Waist - Measure at natural waistline. With pants adjusted to wearing position, measure around area where waist seam rests.
- Hips - Measure around the fullest part.
- Neckband - Measure around neck at Adam's Apple plus 1/2"
- Upper Arm - Measure horizontally when arm is relaxed, midway between shoulder and elbow.
- Shirt Sleeve Length - Measure from top of arm to finished length of sleeve.
- Inseam Length - (for altering pants only) Measure from crotch inside leg to finished length
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are Parker's business hours?
Parker's corporate offices are open Monday through Friday from 8am - 4:30pm Central Standard Time. Please keep in mind that any Internet customer inquiries will be received during these hours only.
Parker retail store hours vary by location. For a location near you, please refer to the Locations section of this site.
What is Parker's return policy?
Items that are unworn, unwashed, unaltered and have all original tags attached may be returned within 90 days of purchase. You must include your order number, your name, address and daytime phone number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. You may also return your items at any Parker store.
Are Parker's uniforms guaranteed?
Parker's uniforms are backed by one of the best guarantees in the business. All Parker-made garments (jumpers, skirts, culottes) are guaranteed for 2 years. All other garments are guaranteed for 1 year against defects in manufacturing.
What methods of payment do you accept?
Cash and credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
How do Parker's sizes compare to other store sizes?
Sizes can vary by manufacturer. we encourage you to check the sizing chart with each item to ensure proper fit.
How do I order the proper size?
Take the time to measure your child. We have provided you with instructions on how to measure your child in our "sizing" section of this site.
How many uniforms should I purchase?
This depends on your laundry schedule. We recommend a minimum of 3 tops and 2-3 bottoms per season, 1 sweater and a belt.
When should I expect to receive my order?
In stock items should be received within 3-10 business days depending on destination.
Do I have to pay shipping charges if I return or exchange an item?
Yes, except in the case of manufacturers defect. If you prefer, you may return/exchange your item at any Parker store.
What if my child needs a special size not offered on your site?
Please use the store locator at the top of the page and contact the store nearest you for special assistance.